Digital Marketing For Your Database – Your marketing campaign starts with your own contacts
Only too often businesses can be blinkered when it comes to creating a powerful online marketing campaign. The internal message is “you need to reach out to those individuals who your company has not previously had communications with”. Of course, this form of marketing is essential – you need to be constantly pushing new boundaries within your target market.
But not at the expense of the individuals who are already likely to want to buy from you.
It is these prospective buyers who are continually missed – they are also the easiest and least expensive sales to get. Sitting out there in the company database are thousands – maybe hundreds of thousands of contacts who have bought your products and services or responded to promotions before. You don’t have to prove anything to these people (unless you did a bad job the first time!) they already consider you credible, they know your prices and accept them. They know where you are and presumably understand your procedures, and respect your way of working.
So why put all your energy into starting from scratch and re-inventing the wheel? True, some products or services are only bought once, but most enterprises can offer accessories or products and services along a similar line to an already satisfied buyer.
If you don’t have those kind of products and services on show – think about creating some!
It all comes back to the relationship between the business and the customer. If you just sell your product online and then disappear from view – you will be forgotten. The next time they need a product or service from your industry they are more likely to be searching on Google again rather than looking for your web address or filling in your web site contact form.
You need to keep the channels of communication open once you have a customer on board.
So what are the best ways of keeping in contact with your customer in the future online?
- Taking contact details – Every visitor to your website is likely to be your target market so build into the structure areas which ask for the visitor’s basic details – name and email address is enough.
- Remarketing – The principle has been around for centuries and now it has hit the internet big time – though it is very surreptitious. Ever gone into Amazon and looked at a few books then gone into another website and seen that same book advertised on a website soon after? That’s remarketing. The site is picking up your preferences and targeting you (in a nice way!) with associated adverts.
- Email Marketing – keeping in touch with latest offers can be a great way to keep in contact with your current customers.
- Newsletters – Newsletters are good because they may not be so salesy but offer your prospective visitors substantial information.
- Regular blogs or news articles – If you create quality content on your website your visitors are more likely to return again to visit your website – creating loyalty to your brand. You also have direct contact with the customer through the comment board
- Social Media – Promote your Twitter and Facebook accounts on your websites and encourage visitors to sign up as these can offer a direct route of contact in the future.
- Proactive support system – Everyone loves quality support and by offering a support system that proactively contacts your current customers you are also adding credibility and trust to your brand.
As a specialist digital marketing agency consisting of a number of highly experienced digital consultants, Web Results Direct is expertly placed to support its clients with advanced, and strategic, digital marketing consulting services. To learn more talk to us – call us now on 01483 429222